The Apple iPhone 6 is coming. When? Who knows but I am sure sooner than later. I am guessing September 2014. To be honest I am not excited. Two iPhones a year doesn’t excite me. Let’s keep it at one a year then you will have my attention. Anyways on to the rumors about this little gadget from the heavens.
While I may not be thrilled for this release many area. Being the most anticipated smart phone release of the year
- Screen size is estimated to be between 4.7 inches – 5.5 inches, though the larger 5.5 inch screen is rumored to be delayed for released till the end of 2015 due to manufacturing issues.
- Pricing seems to be very similar to the current iPhone 5s costs. A good thing? Ehh not so much. The dang thing runs around $399.99 with a contract for the 64 gig.
- Expandable storage might be a possibility for this iPhone 6 release. Oh wouldn’t this be great but I personally doubt they would slaughter the one thing that differences each iPhone upgrade. One can only hope.
- Wireless charging ability? Maybe, remember the ‘power mats‘? Same concept. For those who have no idea what I am talking about it is basically a mat you can place your phone and it charges. No wires.
- Sapphire glass touch screen is pretty durable. This is the same stuff they are currently using for the camera lens. This stuff is really really durable. To put this into perspective the only material harder is diamond. Yeah..diamond. 8/14/2014 – There are rumors that the Sapphire glass will only be used on higher premium versions of the iPhone 6.
- iOS 8 operating system is right on track to be released with the iPhone 6. (“Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the IOS 8 operating system during his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.”)
- Better camera fitted onto the iPhone 6 is very likely. Possibly 10-megapizel camera with an f/.8 aperture?
- Illuminated apple logo on the phone’s exterior case.